Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It wasn't bad

The gig isn't bad at all.. in fact, I was kind of dissappointed at the lack of traffic. I did make a few Gen X's, though. When a customer orders the Gen X, the barista makes whatever they feel like at the spur of the moment. It's based on the barista's background, skill, and mood at the time of the order. Trust is crucial. Everyone loved what I made them, which is good.. of course, mixing syrups is almost a no-brainer, and latte art is seen as more of a novelty than the sign of quality that it is.

Just give it time.

I brought my naked portafilter for them to play with. I watched one of the owners pull a shot with it today. She thought it was pretty cool to watch. I cringed a bit when I saw her use the polishing surface to tap on the portafilter to settle the grounds. The shot pulled in the center, but that group has channeling issues with the shower screen. I'm not sure what the deal with it is yet.

I think I may head over there tomorrow to try to figure it out.

Rocket Coffee Roasters sent me some coffee that should arrive tomorrow (as I've been informed). I'm pretty excited about it, and I'll give a review when I've had a chance to cup it, press it, and pull a shot with it.

I have high expectations. ;o)

In other news:
I've been experimenting with hot chocolate/ mocha recipes for the past few days. I'm pretty sure I've got it figured out. Here's a video of some art poured in a hot chocolate taken yesterday. My art today was far better, but I didn't take pictures.

Oh well. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Ray Lock said...

I'm glad to hear it went well, and I hope next time it is a little more busy. The hot chocolate art looks pretty nice, what recipe/syrup are you using as the base?

Chris said...

Cool video. I liked the first one. I hadn't ever seen that effect before.

Chris said...

That's a cool video Jason. I hadn't ever seen the first effect you did. Sort of like a vortex or whirlpool.

Jason Haeger said...

Kyle, it's my own recipe. It's pretty basic. Shoot me an email and I'll share it with you if you like.