Thursday, May 03, 2007

Sold the Gaggia

My first machine capable of real espresso has been sold. Thankfully, it was sold locally. Thankfully still, the guy who bought it has become an instant coffee buddy, so I'll get to see my old machine once in awhile.

I have a potential training session on the horizon. I've been "promised" the gig, but there's no set date, so I will not say it's for certain.

I had the chance to see and use the newer Astoria stylish machine.

I thought it looked very cool. It seems to be fairly messy with no backsplash. Rinsing the PF takes more care than usual. It also seemed to run a little hot, even with the HX boiler at under 1 bar. It also felt a little different with all of the controls down below rather than closer to eye level. Very cool looking in person, though. I can't stress that enough.

I've been playing with some more Rocket Coffee, but that's for another post. Competition is coming closer, and I'm feeling unprepared. The rules aren't even up yet. :eekomg!:

I don't have a single La Marzocco locally to even try to get with for practice. I'm just doing what I can with what I have with the words "Grab ahold of something, bite your lip, and give it hell" running through my mind. Strange, yet somehow fitting.

I am officially quitting my job at Papa John's. I've realized that if I were to follow through on interest I've received for training or consulting projects, I would have enough work to not need a "wages" job. On top of that, I'd have the time to get out and sell the services in person, which is always better. "Even fishing takes effort"

And here's a teaser for the review(s) to come within the next few days.


No comments: