Monday, February 18, 2008

New "logo" for consulting Biz.

I'm tossing around a few ideas for a new logo of sorts for www.espressotrainer.com.

I'm pretty much just scrapping the whole "-Jason Coffee" thing. Original, yes. Something I can easily sell? Probably not. Eventually, there will be a parent company over this thing anyway(I hope). The url is dang valuable! I was surprised it was available when I grabbed it.

I'll likely post a few rough pictures of some ideas I've been having here in a few days or so. I may not, but I'm planning on it.

If you want to criticize them, feel free to. If you've got better ideas (or ideas period) I'd like to hear those as well.

A bunch of coffees headed my way from Brown. I'm testing out an experimental espresso. "Espresso Two", which probably won't make it to retail, but it's revolutionary in design. (well, there may never be revolutions fought over it, so maybe it's not so revolutionary after all. It's certainly forward thinking, though.)

Also a bag of Cottonwood (Espresso One), Kenya Kichwa, and a Yirgacheffe to try.

One of these coffees is a donation for the local coffee club tasting I'll be running on Thursday. If you've been reading this blog for long, you'd know how huge of a step that is for the region. It's been a long time coming, but we're finally starting to see signs of progress on the whole. It's a beautiful thing.

Considering the history of reviewing coffees and this blog, I'm not sure if a review is to come or not. I really enjoy reviewing, but I'm not a big fan of the controversy that can arise from such activities. We'll see if reviews pop up here again or not.

Hopefully the grinder will arrive later this week, and I can get started on the mild restoration.

No comments: